One of My Favorites: Stogies and Stouts
I say it ever year, and I will say it again. Dunedin Brewery – Florida’s oldest microbrewery – puts on one of the best brewery festivals of the year the last Saturday of every February: Stogies and Stouts. it is, as they put it, a celebration of dark beer, cigar smoke & live music. While I am not a big cigar guy, I do love a good stout (and porters, too). I also love good music. And this event has plenty of both. The beer lineup is huge, as always, but here are some I am looking forward to:
- Dunedin Brewery (Dunedin, FL) – Midnight Sextant
- Dunedin Brewery (Dunedin, FL) – Vanilla Mundofolbick (cask)
- Three Palms (Brandon, FL) – Hot Schtuff (stout brewed with brown sugar, cinnamon, ghost peppers)
- Pair o Dice (Clearwater, FL) – Hot Cocoa Imperial Stout
- Cigar City (Tampa, FL) – Iron O’Rourke’s God of Fear
- Barley Mow (Largo, FL) Nuada (chocolate coffee stout)
- Nature Coast (Crystal River, FL) – Manatee Milk (imperial coffee chocolate milk stout aged in a Jack Daniels barrel)
- Funky Buddha (Oakland Park, FL) – OP Porter
And there are always delicious surprises, too… You never know who or what might turn up.
The details for this event are as follows:
February 28th, 2015 – 7pm – 11pm
$35 includes commemorative tasting glass, choice of cigar from Los Blancos Cigar Company & access to 30+ Local & National stouts on draft. Live music by Lingo (from Atlanta, GA). $45 includes meal voucher.
Limited to 350 people. THIS WILL SELL OUT!!! If you do not have a ticket, do not expect to be let in! I have seen it happen.
Honestly, you do not want to miss this event if you are at all a dark beer lover. Plus, the vibe is always good, the music is excellent, and the people are cool.