Walking In A Winter Wonderland…
Yeah… well… this is December in Tampa Bay. Say what you want about Flori-duh, but you can’t knock the winters here. Sure, snow is great for playing and skiing and so on. But that is why people go to see snow. And then come home. No shovelling, little shivering, and a much lighter wardrobe. There is a reason people migrate here in the October-through-April season. (Of course, there is also a good reason they leave in April and don’t come back until October.)
But, warm weather or no, holiday beers are here, and that is always a good thing. Here are some must-try brews for this winter season.
- Sierra Nevada Celebration – This one seems to get better every year. And at the very reasonable pricepoint, this should be your go-to beer all season.
- Anchor Brewing Christmas Ale – I have always loved this beer, and make a point to pick some up every year. Each year has a different label and recipe, but it is always a treat.
- Cigar City Warmer Winter Winter Warmer – This year’s is even better than last year’s. Big and bold and boozy, this will warm you on those chilly 50 to 60 degree nights for sure.
- Cigar City Sugar Plum Brown Ale – The “official” holiday ber of Cigar City, this one has all the sweet spices of cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom balanced with the chocolaty-coffee malts. And at only 5.5% ABV, it’s not going to put you out after one or two.
- Dunedin Brewery Blitzen Ale – Only available on draft, but a great blend of cinnamon, orange peel, and raw Florida honey.
- Your Own Line of Beer from Cigar City Brewing
- A Beer a Week for a Year at Dunedin Brewery
- Brewer for a Day at Tampa Bay Brewing Company
- Winter Beer & Cheese Pairing for 8 at Mr. Dunderbak’s
The auctions end today, so better get on them quick! They make great gifts for your local Tampa Bay craft beer fan! Spouses? Are you listening?