My Grown-Up Christmas List
Okay… for the record, I really can’t stand that song. I am all for peace on earth and being good to people and all that, but bleeeeeeeeeechhhh to the saccharine-sweetness of it all.
Anyway. I am not here to talk about music. I want to talk about presents. Christmas presents, to be exact.
Sure, there are “dream” presents like a full solar array on my house or my own biodigestor and water capture and recyling system and so on. A Corellian Stock Light Frieghter (preferably YT-1300 model). Or a Blichmann Top Tier all-grain system…
But generally speaking, I don’t really need a lot of “things” anymore. I’m older and things take up space. I prefer experiences. Moments. Memories. So while there are a few things I would not mind having, most of what I would want does not sit around for long.
- Special beer releases (particularily ones not readily available in Florida)
- Attending the 2012 Beer Bloggers Conference in Indianapolis
- Attending the 2012 Great American Beer Festival in Denver
- Attending the Oregon Brewers Festival in Portland
- brewing supplies
- a starting-level all-grain setup
- homebrewing classes (intermediate and up)
Its all about beer and experience this year, it seems. What’s on YOUR grown up Christmas list?