>My 2011 Brew Years Resolutions
>2010 was quite the year for me. Lots of ups and downs, turnarounds, and so on. There were some really great changes and happenings, especially towards the end of the year, and I hope to build on those in 2011. I think I see things more clearly now than I did this time last year. Hell, I KNOW I am seeing things through different eyes just since October…
And so without further gilding the lily and with no more ado, I give to you: My 2011 Brew Years Resolutions.
- Attend GABF in Denver for the first time. This is a carry-over from last year, but this time I will start planning in January instead of realizing in August I am too late…
- Visit more breweries. Another carry-over. Just want to continue the trend and see more of the industry. (This includes finally getting up to Saint Somewhere!)
- Attend more local events. I get to some, but my lack of planning and paying attention has left me missing some great happenings. Need to rectify that.
- More homebrewing. Four batches a year is pitiful. I need to brew more, period.
- Meet more “beer people” when they come to town and when I am travelling. Craft beer people (who, as we know, Rgoodpeople) are everywhere. There is no reason not to meet up.
- Be more consistent with my writing. It takes discipline and time, but there is no reason I cannot meet all of my obligations each week.
- Expand my tasting range. Its easy to fall into a pattern of only IPAs, Imperial Stouts, and the like, but there are so many other great beer choices out there. I should give them a fair shot as well.
- X Project 1: CLASSIFIED – A joint venture with another beer visioneer. Should be fun and interesting.
- X Project 2: CLASSIFIED – Another involvement I have signed up to be a part of. Not necessarily “fun”, but it is important.
- Continue to be a vocal craft beer evangelist and advocate both locally and in general. We are in what looks like a craft beer Renaissance, but there is evil at every turn. We cannot afford to be complacent.
2011 holds a lot of promise and excitement. I plan of facing it with beer in hand and determination in my heart. May everyone have a safe and fun New Years Eve.
– Beer for the Daddy